New Website28 Aug 2014
The first step is done!
Finally I found some time to convert the outdated PHP website (once again thank you Simon) to F#. At first I planned to use ASP.net MVC but after some testing it was really easy to get Nancy running on mono. Because of experience of making ASP.net working on mono in the past I decided to stick with the “light” but (for now) very stable and good working solution.
With this first step done, and most of the release steps automated I will try to Introduce a lot of new features to this website in the future:
- Add Registration into the site.
- Add Chat History (and allow edit).
- Manage some advanced chat settings.
- Request re-sync of your IMAP History.
- Simple “Safe-Picture” service (protect pictures with capture)
- Admin page for server management?
The time will tell if I find enough time to do all those features. The beta and automatically updated version (on every “working” commit) of this site can be found here. The Version numbers on the bottom right will tell you if there is an actuall difference between those two.